Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Weekend Excerpt - the Walk of Shame

Well there is just way too much to write about this past weekend – my brother got married on Friday and my birthday was on Sunday, needless to say I did more drinking in the past five days than even the most seasoned alcoholics have done since the beginning of 2007.

After the wedding was over and the after party was in full swing I found it impossible to do two things – one, check into my hotel room, therefore I had to spend the night on the couch in a friend and his wife’s suite and two, going to get my bag with a change of clothes out of my mother’s car.

Because of this, when the sun rose and it was time to high tail it out of there and go to my mother’s car to throw on a track suit, I had no choice but the shamefully walk through the hotel lobby in my bridesmaid dress from the night before.

Five feet from the entrance I thought I had it made when I heard the all too familiar voice of my five year old niece, Kay, screech

“OH NANA!! THERE’S AUNTIE!!! LOOK AT HER BEAUTIFUL DRESS!!!”

Shit. I turned around to see my mother, Kay, the bride’s two brothers and their families and about a half dozen other relatives and friends of the bride and groom. Dammit. Shit.

All I could say is “this isn’t as bad as it looks.”

I’ve never been so ashamed.

Oh wait, yes I have.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Pink Granite said...

Oh my!
Thanks for making us smile and Happy Birthday!
- Lee

Tuesday, 19 June, 2007  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

Weddings and Funerals are the two occasions where "anything goes". You probably felt more embarrassed than you should have, Now if you had half a bridesmaid dress......

Wednesday, 20 June, 2007  
Blogger Andraste said...

All right, I had my suspicions but this is too much.

Time is NOT linear, and you are me at 31.

Wednesday, 20 June, 2007  
Blogger Suldog said...

Hey, imagine WHO you could have been seen with, nevermind the dress. Maybe you got off easy?

Wednesday, 20 June, 2007  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

Bwahaaaaaah! Oh you poor, poor thing.

Don't you just love the walk of shame. Guess it must have been a good party.

Wednesday, 20 June, 2007  
Blogger Betty Blog said...

Oh what a night..it was a good party and the best part is hopefully I can avoid all these people until someone else steps up and makes a bigger fool of themselves!

Thanks for the comments, gang! Happy Humpday!

Wednesday, 20 June, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And it was all wrinkled and stuff, strongly suggesting that you'd slept in it???

Wednesday, 20 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home