Monday, July 09, 2007

Drunk Girls on Golf Carts

So I went up on Monday and it turned out that Regina had some work stuff to take care of and couldn’t get there until Tuesday. My cousin and my uncle both have places up there but I was a bit hesitant just to drop in. They knew I was going to be up there for the week but I didn’t have a phone number so I didn’t want to impose or seem like a pain.

I got there about 2PM. I unpacked my car and dosed the cabin with Lysol before I settled into a lounge chair facing the pool and cracked a beer. What to do what to do. I texted Reg a million times and called Jude half a dozen. By 5PM I had enough liquid testosterone to slap on some make-up and heels and venture up the street to grab some dinner at the Ocean Grill. Sticking out like a sore thumb I ordered a beer and a sandwich and headed outside to the patio where I texted Reg, called Jude and chain smoked.

A few beers after that I concluded that it wouldn’t hurt to do a walk-by on my cousin and uncles places just for giggles. If I felt weird I would just leave and they would never know the difference. Aside from that, I could throw a stone at their park from the Ocean Grill. So off I went. I didn’t realize how frigin big the place was. It was a gated place and as soon as the click of the heels hit the pavement beyond the gate it seemed as though everyone came out on their porch to see who was intruding.

I stopped at a trailer near the gate and asked a woman if she knew where the two lots I was looking for where. She wasn’t so sure but flagged down two men on a golf cart. Next thing I know I’m on the back of a golf cart heading towards my uncle and cousin’s places.

So instead of being inconspicuous and taking a peek I arrive at their place buzzed and arms extended yelling “I HAVE ARRIVED, PEOPLE, I HAVE ARRIVED!” The surprise element had everyone in stitches. I was glad that I went to see my uncle, we had more beers, watched the game on a TV that my cousin had somehow taped to a tree, and laughed over and over again about the golf cart entrance.

I’ll write more tomorrow about how I now know why Sassy afraid of OOB.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

I am looking forward to the tale. Or should I be dreading it?

Glad you had a good first night.

Monday, 09 July, 2007  
Blogger Suldog said...

OOB? Great place to get yourself feeling superior to your fellow human beings - like going to a monster truck rally or the dog track. You see so many low-lifes you can't help but feel that you're a beautiful and witty gift from God to everybody else.

Tuesday, 10 July, 2007  
Blogger Betty Blog said...

I always feel like a beautiful and witty gift from God to everyone else no matter where I am!! lol.

Tuesday, 10 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home