Wednesday, November 01, 2006

10 Reasons I Enjoy All Hallows Eve Despite the Fact I'm 30, Single, and Have No Kids (great, now I'm depressed)

1. Confusing Jude by yelling "I really like your costume" off my top porch in the morning as she heads to work wearing a pants suit.

2. Eating chocolate before noon without the fear of being judged about my weight.

3. Street performers return to Harvard Square. They typically taper off around Labor Day but they were out in full force yesterday. There was a new addition of a cowboy doing a lasso show. I found myself oddly attracted to him and only wish I had the courage to ask him to join the freak show that is "The Men I Keep Company With."

4. Being eccentric by calling it "All Hallows Eve".

5. Cute kids in small doses.

6. Words like "spook-tacular" and "boo-tiful".

7. Bella asking her boss to leave work early because she doesn't "want to hit any little kids on her way home." Priceless.

8. Emailing pictures of my cat in costume to corporate higher-ups making for an awkward afternoon when no one responds or mentions it to me.

9. DELETED

10. Jude's anticipatory angst that kids above the trick-or-treating age will come and solicit candy from her. She'd get nervous in the service every time someone over 5'0 walked near the house. Ma, it's a guy walking home from work, he ain't coming up here for an almond joy so please calm down.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home