Friday, December 15, 2006

Blunderous Birthday Wishes

Although I try not to blog about work, I just couldn't pass up sharing this story. It's been a hell of a week here.
Today is my boss' birthday. I usually recognize such occasions with a card or a simple "Happy Birthday" but today I was full of good spirits and cheeriness and decided to surprise him with a birthday cake.
Before I left to go buy him a cake at Finale I checked his calendar and picked a time to do this and then emailed an appointment to others on our work team.

When I got back, I double checked my calendar to see if everyone could make it. Oddly enough, the appointment wasn't there, as if I didn't send it at all.
Hmm..what gives. Head scratch. Tap fingers on desk.
Then Ellen (my fro-worker) came around the corner...

"Um, you may want to check Boss' calendar again..."
I almost fainted when I opened it up. It turns out I sent the birthday cake invitation from his calendar meaning:

1. he was well aware of what was going down and worse -
2. to everyone else who was invited it looked as though he was coordinating a birthday cake surprise for HIMSELF!!
Thank god he has a great sense of humor. I think I'll stick to the hallmarks from now on.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home