Monday, July 16, 2007

Two Short but Sweets for Monday

One....

This weekend my mother was driving along Storrow Drive with my 5 year old niece Kay when someone cut her off.

Jude: “Jeezus!!”

Kay, waving her fist responded in a thick Boston accent (that we never even knew she had): “Stupid Ahshole”

See, you are never too young to be a Masshole.

and two….

Reg and I went out for drinks on Sunday to watch the game and got into a conversation about ID checking with the bartender .

Bartender: Wow, you sure know your stuff, you must work in this business.

Me: Um, no, (cough), um…I…uh…..we ….(now dragging Reg into it)…. just drink in bars a lot.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Bass Man said...

Don't you just love it when little kids swear?

My mother is still pissed about when my grandmother came over to watch me while my mom was away. My grandmother was using the vacuum and the hose disconnected from the canister of the vacuum. My grandmother, being a proper lady, said something to to the effect of "Oh, bother!". I, being the adorable 3 year old that I was (and BTW, I'm still adorable!) (Okay, maybe not so much ;) ), said "My mom says 'Oh, shit!!' when that happens."

Now I've got teenagers who have no problems with saying "fuck" right to my face. Ah, kids... Grrrr.

Tuesday, 17 July, 2007  
Blogger Betty Blog said...

Hahahahaha! It is cute I hate to admit, esp. when they aren't yours. :-)

Wednesday, 18 July, 2007  
Blogger Sassy Sundry said...

That is priceless, Auntie. Out of the mouths of babes...

And, yeah, I know a lot about carding, too. Now I just love it when I get carded.

Wednesday, 18 July, 2007  
Blogger Betty Blog said...

I feel like I've been carded more lately at 31 than I did at 21! Possibly it's my immature attitude. :-)

Wednesday, 18 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home