Tuesday, January 09, 2007

The Gospel According to the Bus Driver, Psalm 86 - Bus Transfers

I have to admit, the whole Charlie Card transition, at least as far as I can see on the local bus to Harvard Square, has gone pretty smoothly. Despite yours truly trying to insert the card where dollar bills should go not once, but twice, I haven't had any or witnessed any truly bad experiences since the 1st of the year.
One thing I do note is that there seems to be some confusion when it comes to bus transfers. If one person doesn't ask, then at least five do. The drivers have been pretty patient for the most part, explaining to each person that they will need to get a Charlie Card in order to get transfers. T execs must be handing out stress balls left and right or hopefully plying the drivers with liquor at the end of their shift - they deserve it.

In any case, today on the way to work the driver must have had one more question too many about the transfers. Over the very low volume of my ipod (very low because I was listening to "Eye of the Tiger" - hey, we all have our problems) I heard:

"Ladies and Gentlemen - I'd like to tell you all right now about bus transfers".

He then proceeded to tell the entire bus how they work. Get a Charlie Card, and you automatically get a bus transfer, good up to three hours. That's it.

So now the entire bus is educated on bus transfers and I for one am compelled to spread the word. Even if only to my two readers, who probably don't take the bus anyhow.

Happy Tuesday.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home