Wednesday, January 10, 2007

O' The Bus Went Over the Island, The Bus Went Over the Island...

ANOTHER bus blog, you ask? Bear with me, please.
Heading to the bus I felt as though I was on top of the world.

I had a wonderful crazy cat lady evening last night - Jerry my absentee shelter cat not only came near me he actually sat on my lap! After ten minutes he went directly back under the couch to stare at me but dammit that is progress! I also tried out my new Richard Simmons "Steam Heat" contraption and I think it's going to revolutionize how I cook. I absolutely love it. I got up early this morning and headed to the gym. To top it all off, I lost 1.5 pounds from last week which is a miracle considering the tons of drinks I had at the party on Saturday followed by a Sunday of Comatose-Couch Olympics - I won the gold in the steak and cheese sub eating competition by the way.

Anyhow, my mood torpedoed after the first 15 minutes of waiting at the bus stop. By the time it got there, about ten or so minutes later, I was about to have a full blown Tanxiety attack (new word for stress caused by MBTA). Of course, there were two buses in a row and the one that was packed with folks butt-cheek to butt-cheek pulled up at my stop. The love affair that I have having with the bus was officially over and it was back on top of the shit list - knocking crowded super-markets to second place.

I wasn't the only one who was pissed, several people were jabber-jawing on their cell phones about how late they were, etc. etc.

We are making our way down Western Avenue, aggravated and late, and just as we should be taking the turn onto North Harvard Street....we do not. He goes straight past it.

I suppose if the bus was hijacked (god forbid) it would cause less of a reaction from the crowd of passengers.
"Oh my god!! What is happening?!!"
"WHY?!? WHY!?!? WHY!??!"


Suddenly my mood picked up, this could be interesting.

The bus driver kept his cool as he tried to make a left onto the little passageway designated for cars getting onto North Harvard from the right. Finally he got over there but next thing I know half of the bus is on top of the island. We nearly took out the fire box pole.
“They don’t show you this in training!!” he laughed.

I finally made it to work, late, but in one piece. I can always count on the bus to give me something to blog about when my brain is too pre-occupied with real life stuff!

Happy Hump Day!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home