Friday, January 12, 2007

Two Weeks Into 2007...(subtitled No Tell Hotel)

Two weeks into 2007 and I'm still hanging in there with the whole resolution to get fit thing. Of course I had a set back or two....
For example, last Saturday night I went to the corporate holiday party at the Langham Hotel downtown. I've been to a party or two there in the past, but I must say that this time Ames and I took the time to snoop around the other rooms and we were quite impressed by the place. I by no means fancy myself, well, fancy, in any way, shape or form, but there is something about older Boston hotels that I find captivating. The Boston Harbor hotel has to be my all time favorite. As my father used to say "for such a poor girl you've got some rich taste.."
The food was great, as was the service. I consider any waiters and bartenders who put up with the likes of the intoxicated me to be saints. I have this habit of openly, and overly, flirting with waitstaff and bartenders after a few drinks. This is no where near the line of sexual harassment, I mean I'm not grabbing asses, but I do find myself calling everyone "sweetie" or "honey", and sometimes when the drinks are REALLY flowing I may throw in a "sexy" ala Paris and Nicole.
All innocent fun, really, but a year or so ago when I was staying overnight at the (deleted) hotel after a bash, I got a call in the wee hours of the morning from a bartender asking me if I cared to "party" with him.
You can really define the verb "party" several ways. I would like to think he was inviting me out to do lines and have group sex with other members of the hotel staff.
I was extremely flattered but I was much too tired to run the risk of seeing the concierge whipping the bell boy while wearing a leather mask.
Of course, the probable truth is he wanted to go out for a drink after his shift ended and maybe split a pizza or something.
Ah, the boring reality of Auntie Scotch....
Have a great weekend, everyone!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home