Friday, April 13, 2007

Happy Friday

I've been slacking in the blogging department, it's been a fairly standard, boring, cold, dark week. The lack of good weather is draining my creativity and since I heard a rumor this morning at the gym that we are going to be getting a frigin Northeaster early next week (because far be it from me to tune into an actual weather report), I'm starting to lose hope that the warm weather will ever get here. This of course will not stop me from bitching about it when it does arrive, mind you.
In any case, I'd like to give a shout out to all my peeps who are running on the marathon on Monday. There are quite a few of you this year and it is really making me take stock of my friends. Seriously folks, when did you get so healthy?
What happened to Marathon Monday being a Marathon Party day?
Ten to fifteen years ago I remember a very large group of "Rogers Park Kids" (myself including being the token funny fat girl) would assemble fairly early in the day and pool our money for the bails bondsmen that would certainly be needed by the end of the day. We made a pact to meet up at Imperial Pizza at a set time and whoever didn't show up was assumed to be next door at the District 14 Police station. The least wrecked individual would take the pooled money and bail our buddies out. I, of course, was never jailed nor chosen to go to the station.
These types of memories serve as a terrific form of birth control for me.
Happy Friday everyone and best of luck to all your crazy folks running the marathon!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home