Thursday, April 05, 2007

Update

I sent Brian (changed the name because Brainy seemed a tad insulting, I’d hate to think he is blogging about Psycho McFalldown) an email on Tuesday night.

I hesitated because Amy, my partner in paranoid worse case scenario projecting, had brought up a good point.

What if I email him, he does not respond, and I am forced to sit directly across from him on the bus?

So I thought about it and thought about it and decided that I am much more comfortable with rejection than I am with being a total jerk-off hiding from him. Besides, I know I saw him on the bus, you know I saw him on the bus, but even if he saw me, he doesn't know I saw him on the bus. He may just assume I am bat-ass crazy.

I mean, how would I feel if I gave my number to someone and not only did they not call, they were obviously trying to avoid me? Even if I wasn't interested in the person, it would certainly be a blow to the ego.

I have NEVER experienced giving my number to someone just to get the brush off.*

In any case, I sent the email. Very professional. Nice to meet you, here is the web address of the social network, hope all is well, yada yada yada, let’s have sex. Okay, so the last part isn’t true, but everything before the yada is.

In turn I received a very nice response. Great to hear from you, great to meet you too, going on business trip, let's hang out when I get back, yada yada yada, I’ve taken out a restraining order on you. Again, everything before the yada is true, the last part is implied.

Do I expect to hear back from him upon his return? Probably not.

Would I go if he did? I’m not sure.

If this has taught me anything, I don't think I am at the point where I would be comfortable dating again. I prefer my drama second-hand. But we'll see.

Yay Thursday!


*Sidenote: If you believe that please check out my ebay webpage, I am auctioning off the Zakim bridge.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Suldog said...

Hey, good for you. Now the ball is in his court. You did the right thing. Have a belt!

Friday, 06 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home