Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Open Letter to my Job

Dear Job:
Well, it's less than three days that we have left together now and although I've been mostly occupying myself with happy thoughts of the future I must admit I cried today at the thought of leaving you.
It's been a long and crazy four plus years we had together - we've pretty much seen it all, haven't we?
I imagine that in another month or so they'll be someone else in here doing you and you'll most likely have forgotten all about me by then.
I will never forget how much I loved you at times and how at other times I was sick at the thought of you. Our late nights, those times when I put you before everyone and everything else. But there were moments, phases even, when you were the only sane and stable thing I had in my life. Thank you for that.

At times you defined me. You could make or break me in a heart beat. Other times I didn't want to be associated with you at all.
But now, at the end, I know this - I am a better person for having had you in my life and I will never forget all you have taught me and all you have given me.
Thanks Job, I will miss you.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger David Sullivan said...

"One drink to remember and another to forget, how could I ever hope to find sweet love like you again."
DMB

Have a few drinks, you'll love another job.. someday.

Wednesday, 25 July, 2007  
Blogger Suldog said...

May the road always rise up to meet you

May the good Lord always make the sun shine upon your face

May you be in Heaven a half-hour before the devil knows you're dead.

And Good luck on your new job.

Wednesday, 25 July, 2007  
Blogger Betty Blog said...

I can see how you two nuts are related!!! Thanks for the laugh and the well wishes!!! :-)

Wednesday, 25 July, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waaaaaaaaaahhhhhh . you know who I am. the one who will probably miss you the most. the one you are leaving behind. damn you scotch. i may kill myself with a chin hair soon.

Wednesday, 25 July, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh. *sniffle* you know who I am...the one that will probably miss you the most. the one you are leaving behind. damn you scotch. I may have to kill myself with a chin hair.

Wednesday, 25 July, 2007  
Blogger Tara said...

Good Luck at the new job! (Anonymous turned me on to your blog, so fun!)

Friday, 27 July, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home