Wednesday, January 31, 2007

If I Ever Complain About People Eating on the Bus Again.....

About three times a week I have the pleasure of taking the bus with a fellow passenger I call Big Crazy Red. The name should say it all. I first realized she was a bit off when she sat next to me, put her arm around me, and told me her boyfriend took off with all her money and now she can't afford to pay her electricity bill. Tears streaming down her face, she told me she worried that NSTAR would shut off her electricity. I told her not to worry and try to work something out with them. Since then I've noticed that her damaged crazy dyed red mane has been blown fairly straight so I take it they never did shut her off.

Well today Big Crazy Red ("BCR") was on the bus and I sat down across from her because there were no other seats on the bus. BCR takes up one entire three seater with her various bags, etc. I silently prayed that she would not strike up a conversation with me but I must of done something to piss God off because three minutes into the trip I learned her cat ate her earring. I nodded politely and looked away not wanting to be engaged in a conversation for the entire trip to Harvard Square.
Bored with my lack of interest, she began rummaging through her bag. I assumed she was pulling out a package of drakes donuts as I have seen her done so many many times. No such luck - out comes a hair brush.

For the next twenty minutes she proceeds to brush and style her hair with barrettes I suppose will wind up in her cat's belly in the near future.

I spent the rest of the bus ride trying to ignore BCR but couldn't help but admire her inappropriate grooming in a way - I don't think that my co-workers have seen my hair out of a lazy pony-tail since Clinton was in office.

Ah well, Happy Hump Day everyone.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home