Friday, April 20, 2007

Single People, Well Off?

Why is it that just because you are single, people assume you have more money to throw around than married people? I am not complaining mind you, I’m just asking the question. As a single person I’ve not only dealt with this personally but see a lot of my single friends go through the same thing.

I can totally understand if you are a married couple with children. I don’t know from first hand experience, but I gather if you have wee one you may have to shell out a few bucks for food and clothes and stuff. And I know that sometimes you have to take them to the zoo and throw them birthday parties with cake and hoodsie cups - this concludes my future reference notes on child rearing.

But really, if you don’t have children, why is it so much more expensive to be married than single? I would think that just the opposite is true.

I find that living alone after a few years of “living in sin” with someone that everything costs about the same, but I just don’t have someone to split the bills and rent with. I also don’t have someone to blame when I can’t find my shoes or keys because although I’ve tried time and time again I can’t get any solid proof that Nickels the cat is dragging my shoes up two flights of stairs and hiding them under my bed. Yet.

So I asked my fro-worker, Ellie, who is also single, what she thought of all this. She said that she finds the notion of folks thinking she is rolling in money absolutely true, and she thinks it is because single people tend to be more generous with their money when it comes to gift giving, etc.

So there you have it folks – single people are thought to have more money because they throw more cash around in an attempt to buy the love and affection they are so desperately lonely for.
Or maybe that’s just me. Be sure to email me all your birthdays so I can send you IPODs.

Happy Friday, my dears. The sun is shining here in Boston and I'm a happy camper.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home