Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Two Things I Could Do Without on this Tuesday

1. Song parodies about Boston sports or political figures. Really, is there someone who gets paid to come up with these?

2. People who are on my ars as I drive through Watertown to or from the gym in the morning even when I am going a bit over the speed limit.

Don't they know it is (in my book only of course) the speed trap capitol of Massachusetts? Christ there should be sign as you enter:
"Welcome to Watertown, Please Pull Over to the Side of the Road and Wait for Your Citation".
Every time someone is tailgating me I have visions of letting them pass me in hopes they will get pulled over. Maybe someday this fantasy will come true.
So there is my Tuesday rant. Considering what happened yesterday I really had to dig deep for that nonesense.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Suldog said...

Hee-hee! Coming FROM Watertown, I know where the traps are!

(Hint: NEVER run a red light in Watertown Square, and if somebody wants to pass you on Mount Auburn, let them.)

Tuesday, 17 April, 2007  
Blogger Andraste said...

Someone was crawling up my tailpipe this morning through Watertown as well! I was doing 30 in a friggin' SCHOOL ZONE, too! Jeez.

And let's not even mention the idiocy that happens around that Dunkin' Donuts in Coolidge Square every morning. It's an obstacle course!

Tuesday, 17 April, 2007  
Blogger Betty Blog said...

I moved out of Watertown about a year ago, I'm over that way almost every day though. In all my years of driving, I’ve only been pulled over 3 times in my life - twice for speeding, once for an expired inspection sticker – all three times on Main Street in Watertown. So although I consider myself to be an all around fairly cautious driver, I tend to be “Poster Gal for Traffic Safety” when driving around there. It is so frigin tempting to jump on the gas though when going down River Road at 5AM!!

Thanks for the comment peeps! Hope your week is going well!!

Tuesday, 17 April, 2007  
Blogger Suldog said...

Well, see, that's interesting. I almost never get onto Main Street, since my commutes take me to Newton or downtown Boston almost exclusively. I'll keep your experiences in mind should I find myself on the way to Waltham.

Wednesday, 18 April, 2007  
Blogger Andraste said...

Just moved from Watertown to Waltham, myself, and let me just add this: Main Street Waltham is the most effed up street in the area. Every other intersection is right turn only or left turn only. In order to go in a straight line, one must zig-zag, and change lanes after every single intersection - and you don't know until you're right there, because the paint on the street is so faded, so you're always in the wrong lane, and everyone's pissed at you.

Why, oh, why?

Thursday, 19 April, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home