Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hitting the Ground Running....

First day, a long day, at the new gig.
Nothing more to say than - I love it. I wasn't there two hours this morning before I was busy, challenged, excited.
Oh, and I get a parking space. I am truly glad my new boss did not disclose this during the interview process because I may have just offered to work there for free (and yes I'm keeping it clean folks).
A parking space. A fucking parking space. Downtown. A parking space.

The option, if I am so bold to take it...to never....ever...ever..... have to take the T again. If I so choose, I will never ever have to be wait for the bus, or time a train, or...HOLY SHIT A PARKING SPACE!!
I put $50 bucks on a Charlie Card anyhow. Go figure.
Anyhow, blogs are going to be sparse for a bit while I get my shit together. Thank you all for the well wishes and please oh please don't let my next blog be titled "Fired"..... or..."Get back on the Bus"....

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Bass Man said...

Glad you're enjoying the new gig. I just started a new one this Spring and it's just getting to the point where I'm busy most of the time. Its nice when you feel like you're needed and productive from the word "Go!".

And the parking spot -- Bonus!! But of course I'm one of those people who don't mind the T that much. I'm on the C line so its pretty easy. (Too many kids on the B and too much attitude on the D or Red lines) I did the 5 mile car commute a couple of years ago and hated it. It took 45 minutes thru Newton and Waltham stopping every quarter mile for a light. The 75 mile commute to West Greenwich RI was easier. The only downside to the T -- they stop running at 12:30 am and I work later many nites. But the job is walking distance to home, so that's not so bad either.

I'll stop rambling. Congrats!

Wednesday, 01 August, 2007  
Blogger Bass Man said...

So how was the first week?

Driven you to drink yet? ;)

Friday, 03 August, 2007  
Blogger Suldog said...

I have a survey up at my place that is fairly appropriate to your current situation.

Saturday, 04 August, 2007  
Blogger Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Good luck with the new parking space/job

Monday, 06 August, 2007  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

I was in Maine last week and I went to OOB one night so the kids could do some rides. I could picture you stumbling over the railroad tracks while trying not to spill the contents of your rocks glass.

Hers to your new job.

Slainte'

Tuesday, 07 August, 2007  
Blogger Betty Blog said...

Thank you Rich!!


David, I was so stumbling over the side of the Pier, nevermind the RR tracks!! :-)

Suldog I need more details on your survey. I just do. :)

Bass, thanks for the well wishes, and honestly, I am starting to not hate the T too much either. Express bus rules!!

Tuesday, 07 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home