Monday, August 13, 2007

Finally, A Drinking Story....

Finally!! My anxiety has slowed down enough to start to write again about the important things in life. Men and booze. Here is one of the many moments I've had in the past few weeks in regards to just that.
Last Wednesday night my friend and I went out for drinks at a local bar to oogle softball cuties having their weekly post-game drinks. A friend of hers, a male cop, was there and we ended up sitting with him at the bar. For the next hour or so we received shots and beers and whatnot from across the bar from people who we didn't know. After the third time this happened it dawned on my friend and I - people thought we were cops too. It came to a head when one of the guys approached and asked us what district we worked for - since I am more comfortable lying about things such as my weight and age rather than my occupation (but of course that is also a lie, I have been known to claim I am a CIA agent every now and then), I fessed up that I wasn't a cop. You think he would of taken that in stride, me being a girl and all - but he was frigin pissed. Pissed meaning drunk and pissed meaning angry. I offered to buy him a drink - he refused. I offered to have my friend give him a bj - she refused.
Just another reason to stick by my "no unsolicited drinks" policy, folks. I should get a tattoo of that on my wrist to constantly remind myself.
I'll write more later in the week possibly exploring such topics as:
Why can't I date a man named Melvin?
Why can't my friends and I not stop ourselves from drinking the night before we are scheduled to drink together resulting in one big massive hangover? :-)

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Suldog said...

Huh. I wonder why he was so pissed - mening angry, as opposed to drunk?

By the way, you were checking out softball cuties after their game? Damn. I never knew I could have been getting groupie action all these years. And I'm retiring! I think maybe I'll play another year now.

Tuesday, 14 August, 2007  
Blogger Neponset River Bridge Dig said...

Cops and booze don't mix I guess. Not that I would know about that :))

Tuesday, 14 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home