Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Not Dead...Yet....

I've fallen in the trap of so much to tell that it seems useless to even try.
Tonight marks the one week anniversary of my new job.
I've learned so much thus far, I am constantly busy and challenged. But I have had time to reflect a bit - mostly on the Downtown Express Bus (which dare I say it - it's a fucking pleasure, expensive, but a goddamn joy - and yes, still haven't ventured downtown in the RAV just yet, bit embarrassed of my car but that will be a future blog). Anyhoo...reflections......
I realized that in the past (or so I hope) that I have always presented and applied myself to a lower standard, and then, I have the glory of surprising people with what I am actually capable of. Here, now...it is a different story. They expect the best of me, nothing less. And therefore I have no choice but to be better. Better than my best.
I am driven, I am focused, I am happy.
Enough with the deep thoughts, already.
Oddly enough, with so much time spent at work my social life has also had a boom. I promise to update more often soon.
I miss you guys.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger stevencooks said...

We miss you, Scotch! But we check your blog often, so you take your time and we'll be here when you're ready.

Tuesday, 07 August, 2007  
Blogger Suldog said...

Driven? Focused? Happy?

Who gave you permission to become functional? That does it! We can't allow you to be a blogger anymore. I'm sorry, but those are the rules. You have to be either disgruntled, immature or a slacker.

You can come back and ask the board to review your case after your next 3-day bender.

Wednesday, 08 August, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hooray! is amy sad w/out you there?

i have something to email you. where can i send it?

Wednesday, 08 August, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss you more probably. Hmm..I am happy you are so happy. I hope it's contagious. although I must admit i am also jenvious.. i will totally catch up with you soon. i'll call you on the weekend..!!!have fun at the pahty!
your fan.-a

Wednesday, 08 August, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're challenged. Also the guy selection must be better than at 44B, yes?

--DB

Saturday, 11 August, 2007  
Blogger Betty Blog said...

I hope DB is who I think it is. I was just talking about you the other day. Actually I talk about you with Kerry. And Ellie. And Amy.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

My email is auntiescotch@yahoo.com

Monday, 13 August, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home