Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A Few Catch-ups

Things have been so busy lately, mostly due to the new job that I haven't had time to reflect. Also, my home computer shit the bed so I am typing this from Jude's house right now (and she is currently talking to me about banking woes and her dog's diabetes).

So, in no particular order, here are a few gems to re-introduce you to the Scotch you once knew.

Landmines
My job is in the Financial District (wait, Jude is now talking to me about my niece.....), before I worked in Harvard Square I worked in the financial for 4 years - I was in my early twenties. If I had to guess I would say that at least 55% of the men I have been involved with came from that job. As crazy as I am now I was much more brazen and fun-loving in my early twenties. What kills me now is that everytime I am running around the South Station area looking for the kinkos or having a meltdown on the wooden bridge that connects Congress and Summer Street I always run into one of these guys. I call them landmines. I always look out to try and avoid them but when I least expect it, there is David or Josh heading my way wanting to have the ol' howyadoin chat. I want to scream "I AM NO LONGER THAT GIRL!!" I am not the asshole who you slept with and then stood up for an Elton John concert! I am not the girl who fell down a flight of stairs at Three Cheers pub! I am not the girl in the elevator with you holding her bra when the door opened and it was CEO!! I am Scotch, I am 31, I often drink too much and get loud and funny but that aside that is where the similarities end.
Kilts
The other night after way too many beers two of my friends and I decided to hit the shittiest last call bar in town - The Boyne. We weren't there for five minutes when two gentlemen walked in wearing kilts. My girlfriend turns to me and says "I dare you to..." she didn't even get it out before I was up there requesting a peek. Turns out the rumors are true. We danced to AC/DC and then went home.
I must sign off, Jude is now talking to me about tree pruning.
Love yas!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger David Sullivan said...

I still have landmines and I've been off the market for quite a while. Its way worse when you are married because then you have to deal with the "Oh, who was that?", "did you @*!&*@ her?", "she was flirting with you!!" It's even worse when the landmines are "wicked hot" and.. well.. enough said.

Wednesday, 19 September, 2007  
Blogger Andraste said...

Welcome back!

LOVE the Boyne. Haven't been there in about 10 years, but I don't imagine it's changed much since my Allston days. SPOUSE witnessed a murder there...so he hasn't been back and doesn't want to, even though I suggest going in every single time we drive by.

Wednesday, 19 September, 2007  
Blogger Bass Man said...

First you say that you are not that girl anymore, and then you go around peaking under men's kilts. I don't know... ;)

Or was it that before you wouldn't have asked permission first?

Good to know not much has changed in Auntie's world!

Wednesday, 19 September, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you, Scotch! The Internet isn't the same since you've been gone.

-Two boys in Florida.

Wednesday, 19 September, 2007  
Blogger Suldog said...

If you're peeking under kilts, I think there still might be some of that person from paragraph one left :-)

Thursday, 20 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home