Monday, September 17, 2007

What Once Was Lost...

Saturday afternoon I got a call from Jude on my cell. She was up at the Rockingham Plaza in Salem, New Hampshire. She lost her keys. She was stranded.

Merging onto I-90 in my car that has brakes so bad it shouldn't be driven I was nearly side swiped and then nearly side swiped a car trying to avoid the first car.

But I made it up there, gave her the keys, and then headed back to Boston. Got lost, ended up on Mass Ave in Roxbury, as I always do when I get lost, but found a sneakly little quick turn back onto I-90 West from Boyleston Street.

When I got home there he was. This thing. This guy.

He had been gone for over 25 days. I dealt with the fact that he was dead over two weeks ago. But there he was. Tattered, injured. Hungry but unable to eat. Fucking really thirsty.
I'm not pointing fingers. But the vet says someone hurt him.
But hes home, my brother fixed my brakes, Sears called my mother and told her they found her keys.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger David Sullivan said...

Good to know you and the cat are both alive and relatively well.

Tuesday, 18 September, 2007  
Blogger Bass Man said...

Glad you're back. Sorry to hear about Rotten Orange. At least he knew where to go where he'd be loved.

Wednesday, 19 September, 2007  
Blogger Suldog said...

Glad to see you're back! And the cat, too. Give him some catnip and pour yourself a stiff one.

Thursday, 20 September, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home