Saturday, March 22, 2008

Finally!!!!

After what seems like ages and ages and ages, I have FINALLY gotten a new computer and better yet - my dear brother hooked it up for me today!!! So as I type this I am in the comfort of my very own beautiful home office drinking a glass of red wine.
Easter is tomorrow and I've opted out of doing absolutely anything. I know, it is terrible. Quite honestly I don't feel like visiting family, my niece Kay will be with her mom and family and for some reason the holidays are seeming less and less significant to me without the presence of children. Clock ticking, Scotch? Possibly. More likely I am just too lazy to be presentable and communicative on a Sunday. Isn't that what Monday through Friday is for? Christ, I pat myself on the back if I even muster up the energy to conceive of taking a shower. Ah the life of a singleton, so glamorous.
Last week I made my St. Patrick's Days resolutions - get in shape, get a boyfriend (or at least try to get laid), be more domestic, yada yada yada. It has become a tradition for me to make resolutions on March 17, the origin of this is unknown to me but I am guessing it started on the floor of a bathroom swearing to turn my life around. Although my bathroom floor days are over (knock on tile) there is no time like the present to set some new ground rules for myself since my eating, drinking and all around lifestyle has gotten out of control over the past six months. I truly cannot by any means blame the new gig, but I do have to say that where I used to have to twist some arms to get some company for an after work drink at my old job in Cambridge, I pretty much work with 40 replicas of myself now. Scary. Frightening. Fun. Funny. Scary.

All week I did a good job at these resolutions, I didn't even have a drink on St. Patrick's Day. I brought a salad to work every day, cooked every night and even cut down on my caffeine intake. When Thursday rolled around I felt great, but then a bad day at work followed, and then my friends kept calling me from the Junction and I just couldn't resist.

Ah, this post is boring the shit out of me..... nothing to report about the Junction, had beer, had spinach dip (good, which is rare I am finding). Di came over later that night and I just had to stay up until midnight despite the fact I had all day meetings starting at 7AM on Friday. I was so tired when I got home Friday night that I cancelled my reservations at Rialto

So that's about it folks, I am sure I will write more tonight, just have to think of a good story that took place during my absence, obviously this week didn't produce any!!
Love yas!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoo-hoo! The Scotch Blog is back!
--MeanieMike

Saturday, 22 March, 2008  
Blogger Suldog said...

Hope you had a Happy Easter! MY WIFE and I decided to just chill, too.

Monday, 24 March, 2008  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

If you need some incentive to stay on the wagaon read my post about my Top 5 worst hangovers I did a few weeks back. Good to read ya.

Monday, 24 March, 2008  
Blogger Andraste said...

Glad you're back!

I'm with you on the holiday thing. I like easter because of the whole spring/rebirth theme, but I'm not religious so it may as well just be any Sunday except liquor stores are closed, so it makes you plan ahead.

Congrats on the healthy living - it feels good, doesn't it? Even if it IS boring as shite.

Wednesday, 26 March, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home