Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Dead Pigeons

In the past week or so I have been noticing a strange amount of dead pigeons near my place of business. My office is in the west, more industrial side of South Boston. I'm not kidding, I counted five in one day (that day being last Friday).

I have beaten the subject to death on google but cannot come up with any other explanation than that these birds are being poisoned on purpose for pest control. This explanation is of course alot cheerier than my first gut reactions:

End of the world
Avian Flu (sp?)
West Nile Virus
End of the world....

What do you think this means? Not to be a total creep but I did take a few cell phone photos (mostly because this was a source of comedy for me around the office this week and everyone else thought I was losing my mind).

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Bass Man said...

My guess: End of the World. ;)

Sunday, 05 October, 2008  
Blogger Spanky McCloud said...

Scotch!

We've missed you here on the Internet!

I remember when I worked in Boston there was this corner/alley where I used to go and smoke. The homeless guys also liked this place and sometimes I would find pee (smell, rather) when I arived for my ciggie. On rare occasions I would even find poop, which was really nasty.

One day I was heading there and hoping there would be no poop for me to happen upon. Luckily, there wasn't ,but there was a dead pigeon. I don't know which was worse.

I'm not sure the cause of the dead birds, but I do think there is a lot if disease in them and that might be why there are so many around.

Monday, 06 October, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God,we finally have a new Auntie Scotch post!!!

Pigeons = flying rats

I'd like to think Mumbles is poisoning them, but more than likely, they're just poisoning themselves... have you seen what pigeons eat?!?

Saturday, 11 October, 2008  
Blogger David Sullivan said...

The squirrels have been freaking out in my yaqrd everyday lately. I think it might be the apocolypse...

Wednesday, 15 October, 2008  
Blogger Barlinnie said...

Sorry to burst everyones bubble here, I know how much Armageddon means to people.

March 5th marks the beginning of International Pigeon Suicide week, and flying rats from all over the world are dying to taking part.

Next month is a real bitch.. International Bus Drivers Suicide week. I'll be staying at home for a while that week!

Saturday, 07 March, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home